Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Police Bill

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Police Bill

Postby Tomas Drouty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

In response to some of the comments made on here. Our local police team have always been fantastic and fully supportive of the carnival. Regarding implementing new laws .. this was a delay from the council not the police.
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

Postby hitmanandher » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Tomas Drouty wrote:In response to some of the comments made on here. Our local police team have always been fantastic and fully supportive of the carnival. Regarding implementing new laws .. this was a delay from the council not the police.

if so then i stand corrected on the delay point 8) , and don't have any doubt that your avarage on the street bobby would support most things, seems to me to be a problem with the way the police are run and certain people becoming power crazy
hitmanandher
Lite Registered User

Postby whitevanman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Tomas Drouty wrote:................. Regarding implementing new laws .. this was a delay from the council not the police.

The signs still have not been put up. The law cannot be implemented until the warning signs are there.
whitevanman
Moderator Team Member
Moderator Team Member

Postby mr50p » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:10 am

Re: New alcohol law! 1st August 2009
by mr50p » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Is there some signage so the poor traveler will know about the new law

We have been here before :?
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 am

A lot of sense being spoken here in my view.

Hitman - I agree with you. The local bobby's are generally very supportive and dedicated to their local community jobs. I've worked and lived alongside some of the local bobby's and I feel they're frustrated, have their arms tied and struggle to do their jobs because of the red tape and problems with higher management and administration. This bill is just another management idea that the local forces will take the stick for. As is the alcohol law, which was supposed to have come into force on 1st August, by when MDC should have had the signage up, but still haven't.

Since I've been involved with the carnival, I can second TD's sentiments. The local police team have always bent over backwards to support the carnival and have always done us an excellent job, not just in the policing of the event but also in the planning of it.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby mr50p » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 am

Ear ear 8-[
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Troy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:46 pm

All done.
The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love,

You never love someone because they are beautiful; they are beautiful because you LOVE them
Troy
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Have you all signed this petition?

Tomas Drouty wrote:We have never ever been charged for policing at Warsop Carnival .. nor have we been told that we will be charged for future provision.

However, please see the following which was circulated to me by email and sign the petition if you feel strongly about it.

Many thanks!

Small festivals and community run arts and music events are under threat from the association of chief police officers (ACPO) and we need your help!!

Around the country police forces are beginning to implement the ACPO guidance on charging events, in practice this means that any event, even community run and charity events, with a few stewards, some stalls and a music license are now liable to be slapped with a HUGE bill for the policing costs. This is threatening the future of a large number of the small festivals we all know and love, these events are often run by volunteers on shoestring budgets and they simply can't afford it.

We urge the government to defend the future of these events and stop these unfair charges.

Please sign the petition online at

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/communityevents/

Campaign to stop police charging community events
Under recent guidance from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) local police forces have been charging community arts and music events for the cost of policing.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby jilli » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Yep ...... done
jilli
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Police » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Please can I reassure you that there has never been any discussion in police circles about charging the Warsop carnival for policing, as per the comments at the start of the thread. The carnival is a community event policed by your local beat team and our team of Specials. The beat managers swap their shifts around as necessary to provide the required police presence. I would personally not support any suggestion of a charge if it did come up in discussion in the future but it hasn't so far.
The police have never forgotten to turn up to the event, though we did have a foul up with the traffic cones one year. (Now the council's responsibility I'm pleased to say). I think this bill is aimed at the big, profitable events and I personally have no problem with that. (Why should the public have to provide a big police presence for an event that makes big profits)? There's a big difference between that and the likes of Warsop Carnival as far as I can see and as another comment rightly says, it's a good opportunity for us to meet people.
Jonno - as regards the officer who ignored you; I hope that they just missed the wave but if it was a case of ignorance please accept my apologies. There's never been any excuse for bad manners and if it was deliberate it's a poor show.
Sam Wilson,
Safer Neighbourhoods Inspector.
Police
Lite Registered User

Postby Muso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:07 am

"The police have never forgotten to turn up to the event"

I think that this might not quite be true, as we were told by the Police, leave was granted to the Police officers covering the Warsop Carnival as they had forgotten about carnival cover.

A genuine oversight but we were told that this did happen.
THE MARKET & BLACK MARKET VENUE, STILL THE HOME OF WARSOP PANTO 2010
01623 842105
http://www.myspace.com/blackmarketvenue
dave.drury@btinternet.com
Muso
Lite Registered User

Previous

Return to General Chatter