Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Just Chat

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Just Chat

Postby Warsop Person » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 pm

I don't particularly have a view on it.

All I would say is that the law should not dictate who can and cant marry and if any change in law Is not going to affect me personally why should I care.
Warsop Person
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Warsop Person wrote:I don't particularly have a view on it.

All I would say is that the law should not dictate who can and cant marry and if any change in law Is not going to affect me personally why should I care.

It doesn't effect me personally, however I still have a viewpoint on the issue
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

I think the gay marriage debate is more a play on words and differing interpretations. Is there really such a big difference between marriage and a civil partnership? Isn't a marriage or partnership what the couple make it rather than what it's called? I have a gay niece who is 'married', well, she's in a civil partnership but we still say she's married and I have gay friends who say they're married.

Perhaps I haven't paid enough attention to this subject as I can't quite see what the fuss is all about.
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Westmorland » Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Very impressed with Thornton's, as I had to send some chocolate to another part of the country, ordered it 3pm and it arrived the very next day at its chosen destination, so I will definitely used them again
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Westmorland » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm

The wonders of farsebook, I mean facebook just be contacted by an old university friend who has gone to live in Jakarta
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:45 pm

There's a fire in Sheffield and I can see the plume of smoke to our North, blowing across the East.

(edit) I've just posted about this on the News as it Happens thread.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Gazzer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Thought I'd share this.

I probably don't use public transport as much as I should, but for the first time in a very long time, I used the Robin Hood Line yesterday from Shirebrook to Nottm for a works outing. The cost only £6.80 return.
You/someone cant even drive to Nottm with the cost of fuel and park for that, all hassle free.

Highly consider it as an option If you haven't' before.
Gazzer
Support & Development Team Leader

Postby mr50p » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:01 pm

:? Public transport is so cheap I can't afford to use it :roll:
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Yep. I agree with you Gaz. Last month we had a girlie day in London and got the Robin Hood Line from Woodhouse to Nottingham station. I can't remember the exact cost but it was only a couple of quid each. The conductor was very helpful and told us we could get a group return ticket for less than the cost of a single fare. It was totally stress free too.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Gazzer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Definatly worth it.
Gazzer

Postby Westmorland » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Gazzer wrote:Definatly worth it.

do work for East Midlands Trains now?
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Gazzer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:31 pm

No
Gazzer

Postby Westmorland » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 pm

The ambulance service seems to have been busy today, the number of first response vehicles and ambulances going through Warsop with blue lights flashing, no sooner one siren had stopped when another began.......busy ambulance service = busy hospitals, which are already at breaking point
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

Postby GinnieG » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello all friends in Warsop. I might not belong to the "Legends of Warsop" but perhaps some still remember the white-haired Swede who visited your town in the year of the Great Flooding. Even if I have passed another BIG birthday I am still living fairly well. Last year was a terrible year. One leg was in such pains that it destroyed all vacation trips Staying the summer mostly indoors was not what I had expected. Today eight months later I still do not know what case it, but it is now managable. With a summer that was not really warm but we at least had a lot of sun all the way into the fall . Many trees shed their leaves just dried in and not coloured by any frost. But then we got the overcast period. Almost all asked/prayed for some sun. A little snow arrived in the beginning of December, but around Christmas it was all gone again. The new year came with more new snow and we really liked that as the little daylight was at least not absorbed by the black ground. And the second half ot January brought a lot of snow to soutern Sweden while it was really cold up at the Polar circle. I think the recosd this winter was set to minus 44.2 C which is about the same in F. Right now, on the first day of February, there are more snow on its way here. For some reason it has not reached my hometown, Uppsala, yet.
So I will leave you all with the best wishes for the coming summer and see if I can get a good Saturday dinner.
Until next time all the best from your
Ginnie
GinnieG
Lite Registered User

Postby Tomas Drouty » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi Ginnie - welcome back to the board - it's been wet and windy here for months now!
Tomas Drouty
Moderator Team Leader
Moderator Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter