Warsop Web Community Forum

Warsop Web Homepage | Contact Us

RSS Feed

Just Chat

Discuss anything which is not specific to the Warsop area. Participate in all topics and have a good old chit-chat with other members of the the community.
Forum rules
Please READ: Forum Rules & Regulations

Re: Just Chat

Postby Caz » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi Ginnie. Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get about and hope things improve for you.

It sounds like Sweden has been pretty much the same as us weatherwise as it's been a wet, grey and miserable winter so far. Lots of places in the UK have floods but we've been lucky again, unlike when you visited and we had the worst local flood I've ever known. We haven't had any snow here at all, other than a few flakes the other day but it soon turned back to wet and windy.

Today it's sunny and breezy but we have more wind and rain forecast. I'm ready for the Spring to come now, though I'm off to the Canary Islands next weekend with my mum and sisters so I'll be getting a good dose of sunshine. :)
Mrs Warsop Web, Warsop born and bred!
http://www.warsopweb.co.uk
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby GinnieG » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Dear Warsop friends.
Again I feel a little ashamed for not showing my text for so long time. I could fill the page with reasons for this failure, but somhow most of them can be reduced to Healt problems, almost as last summer was lost. This year it has been my bladder that caused fright for the reason of my problems, then the pure misfunction of the effect the problems have caused me.
This years vacation trip went out under the "banner" "A travel to the wars of Europe". This was mostly as my friend here in Uppsala is so interested in Hitory and as a special branch: Military history. So for two weeks we visited some of the major spots of historic interests. In original that wich came from me had too much incorporated. So we had to skip a little here and there. Returning home we still had our memocy cells so filled that I doubt that we could have storaged any more. The joint library of pictures summed ut to about 3000, so a lot of this winters programme is to select, Photoshop and put all the pictures ( or some of them ) into the travel-logg-book.
In short we started out and used two days to go from Uppsala to Waterloo in Belgium. I have to say that I got positvely impressed in the way they could dramatized the actions without getting the exhibition overloaded wit small details. Next stop in out travel was the Somme Departement. Here the problem was mostly which of all the places to visit. In the litterature and folders were too many so it more or less was jut chance what we might wnd up to see in our restricted time. Some things looks so good in the info-material but perhaps was not that huge in the real world. One was an English cemetary. We set out for that and landed on a very narrow road , wich soon turned into a gravel road , which suddenly changes to a grass-rouad dout into a green field. Going reversely for about 2 kms was an adventure. Well out on a normal road again we ended up at the very nice and interesting memorial over troups from SoutAfrica. A humble but very nice place that I would tell others not to miss. The third area for our visit was the landing site in Mormandy. Standing at the OmahaBeach cliffs really made me feel so humble. Born 1943 I have very few memories of anything from the war/postwar period. But somehow a deep felt "Thank You" grew in my mind. So many lives were sacrificed there on the landing days. Wich Europe would we have had if that landing would not have succeded? From there we stayed over night in Bayeux to see the textile telling of what happened before the important year of 1066 for all living on the Brittish Islands.
Almost fed up with war memories and all nice and intersting musees we took a toll on the rest of travel time. And had to remove 1. A trip during the Ardennes to really get a picture of what kind of Nature that "final" fight for Europe tookplace. 2. We had both wished to see the Le Mans racing tracc. That will be on a future travel map. 3. In the same wsay we had to skip the visit to Verdun.
Instead we had our trip goal set to the Mosella river as that was perhaps my own single MUST for the travel. We stayed two nights with a wintner who I ve visited during my many travels along that wounderful River. That was the single day we did not use the car at all. Leaving the small Wine-Town of Rachtig in an almost 500 meter sight in the fog it soon cleared out and leaving the river we agian used the Autobahns to reach the "Mecca" for all model-rainroad's dream place, The MÄRKLIN shop and exhibition. My friend has started to get active in this hobby after having had it slubering for a decade or more.
That was in some way the turning point of the travel Again we set out to the north on A-7wich after some smaller touristic diviation brought us up to Lübeck. Good food and a long walk throught the streets of this wounderful town inside the chanals just left us with the time to have a dip in the water not far from the Ferry port Travemünde and the night sleeping while we travelled over the Baltic sea to Trelleborg in South-Sweden and the final 700 kms up to our home town again.
It had been interssting but tiring travel, W could have had at least another wek to avoid the somewhat hectic travelplan.

Getting home it was time for me to see the doctors about the bladder problems. That led to a an operation even if it at first was seen as a simple knacking of the bladderstone that had made the spring and summer so difficult. So now I can show up a cesarean skar, which for you who still remember me is something VERY special. That "event" was closed today as I was having a final test that I could use the bladder fully normal.
Tis turned out to be a long letter, but see it as a small compensation for all missed letters missing during the summer.
Hope to visit more times before we have to exchange Christmas Greeting
This is Ginnie wishing you a fine weekend.
GinnieG
Lite Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Ginnie. Goodness me, what adventures you've had around Europe this year We've had a very special year of war memorials here in the UK too to commemorate 100 years of war. We've planted lots of poppies around Warsop, as you'll see if ever you visit us during summer time. As I remember, you seem to like visiting us during the worst flood we've ever had. :)

I've never been to the memorials in Belgium but I've visited many in France. It sounds interesting and I'd think rather sad.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill but glad to hear you're recovering. I too have a ceasarian scar, from the birth of my youngest son, who has just had his 26th birthday last week. I have to agree that it is quite a fete for you to have one, so wear your scar with pride. . :D

I've been busy travelling quite a lot this year but mainly to relax in the sun and I'm looking forward to our next holiday in the Caribbean in January to celebrate my birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary. Another couple of weeks in the sun after Christmas is just what the doctor ordered. :)
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Caz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:37 pm

A Very Merry Christmas to you all.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:59 am

Merry Christmas one and all :D
Non-Live Local Weather Data, Click Here, wind speed not correct yet.
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic
Support & Developer Team Member

Postby Wizard » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Merry Christmas to both of you too !!

Seems like we are the only 3 on here at the moment.

Even Big Al is missing!!

Although I haven't been posting anything recently, (due to no one being on here) I have to admit I am one of the sad people who keep checking the forum on an almost daily basis, just to see if any else has bothered posting anything !!

Here I am on Christmas day, checking again!!

Lifes great............................ Must get one!!
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Magic » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi Wizard :)
I know what you mean lol

-
Well six hours later I've just regained adequate use of my lungs so I can go up stairs without going blue in the face anymore. Think I've eaten way too much over the last two days :oops:

Maybe better check everything's okay with another glass of claret...
---
Don't turn your back on the cat - it'll be under the floorboards like a rat up a drain pipe.
Magic

Postby mr50p » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Merry Christmas All ;)
I wish I could remember what IT was
mr50p
Lifetime Registered User

Postby Caz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Hope you're all having a relaxing Boxing Day and recovering from yesterday's over indulgence! :D

The stats show that there are quite a few people who regularly come onto the forum but don't post. A lot post on facebook, though it's not something I do.
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Wizard » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Caz wrote:
The stats show that there are quite a few people who regularly come onto the forum but don't post. A lot post on facebook, though it's not something I do.

Ahh, Facebook.
The place where you have to take a photo of your meal, and post it to show the world what you are having for dinner.
And where you have to announce to the world what a tremendous and interesting life you lead by telling them every move you make.
Its better than a sat nav system, because it even gives live updates of their daily movements, including telling burglars that you will be on holiday for two weeks.
People even post "live" photos from their hotel, just to prove that the house is empty!! :roll:
" Here we are getting p*ssed by the pool, or, only 2 more days before we come home to a cold and empty house back in England etc, etc"
Not for me thanks !!
I think I will stick to being the saddo who checks this site on a daily basis !! :lol: :lol:
Wizard
Super Registered User

Postby Caz » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:04 am

Yes, I'm in your camp Wiz! Facebook has its uses such as for keeping in touch with distant family and friends, but when it comes to the continuous run down of boring lives, I just don't want to know.

The posts I least understand are the one liners declaring someone's really had enough today. Then they wait to see how many sympathetic 'friends' reply asking, 'what's up?' More confusing are the public/private conversations between two posters. Nobody has a clue what they're on about, so why bother with facebook when they could just e.mail. :roll:
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby BigAl » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:53 pm

BigAl's not missing, :D , just enjoying the sun and a few bottles of the vino. :P
Happy belated Christmas to all and Heidi and me wish you all the best for the new year.
Have a good one peeps ;) ;) ;)

Ps, I still come on here daily although i don't post a lot, :lol: :lol:
Screw the padded room, give me a trampoline floor with bubble wrapped walls and a velcro ceiling.
BigAl
Lifetime Registered User

Location: Where the road takes me now i have stopped fighting my inner feelings, we are on the same side now,

Postby Caz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 am

Good for you Al and Heidi!

We're under snow at the moment with sub zero temperatures although the sun is shining and making the snow and frost sparkle, so it's very festive. I'll be getting my share of sunshine and sandy beaches in the Caribbean next month. :D

Happy New Year to you!
Caz
Website Manager
Website Manager

Postby Magic » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:56 am

Happy new year everyone :D
---
Magic

Postby Westmorland » Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm

I was very surprised to see a local firm appear on this evening's edition of 'rogue Traders,' on the BBC One Watchdog consumer programme
Westmorland
Lifetime Registered User

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter